1) Write your last “Will” (Waseeyat) before you travel. This is also a part of Sunnah.
2) Make sure your travel documents are completed. Make 2 copies of your passports and ticket and keep two sets with you in different luggage for backup purpose.
3) Put visible labels on your luggage. Write your name, phone number, USA address and phone number and name of hotel in Madinah and Hotel in Makkah and our provided Emergency number. This information will be provided to you soon and will also be written back of your provided ID card.
4) Reach minimum 4 hours before the departure time at the airport
5) Wear provided ID Tag, wear provided Bagpack before arriving at the Airport. Wear your ID tag all the time during your hajj. Women should wear the provided Hijjab to be recognized in crowed. These Hijjab will be given to you in Madinah (Inshallah)
6) Keep all your medicine in clear plastic zip log bag. If you have to take hand lotion, toothpaste and any other liquid in your hand luggage then take the small quantity of it in small bottles and put it in clear plastic zip lock bags. This will save your time on airport security check points.
7) Keep of Anti rash cream, Petroleum Jelly ( to apply on your inner thighs), Eye cover mask and Ear plugs for sleeping in noisy environment.
8) A flu shot will be a great help but take a advice from your doctor if it’s suitable for you. Take cold and cough medicine, with you. I personally recommend “Joshanda” the herbal cold and cough medicine which is quite effective. This is usually available on Pakistani or Indian grocery stores. Get Antibiotic, cough syrup and soar throat medicine and Tylenol as per your doctor advice.
9) Few small zip lock bags for keeping your pabbles ( stone for jamrat), small flash light will also be helpful to find these stones during Mazdelepha night stay.
10) A sprayer bottle to spray mist during hot days in Saudi Arabia. You can also buy it from Makkah or Madinah usually available in store such as “Bin Dawood Mall” near to your hotel.
11) Few Energy bars and some choclate or sweet for Diabatic patients (in case their sugar level drops significantly)
12) One suite case and one handcarry, don’t overload yourself as you have to stopover multiple points.
13) Small Quran, book of Hadith, MP3 Player with Quranic recitation and useful lectures to listen.
14) Unlock mobile phone. If you have non-verizon phone such as iPhone or Tmobile phone and a contract over 2 years then call the customer service and they may be able to do unlock free of cost. You can also buy cheaper mobile phone from Madinah or Makkah from local shops near your hotel which costs about $25-$35.
15) Make 2 Rakah Nafil before you leave home and make prayer for safe completion of hajj and safe return for yourself and everyone. Make a lot of Astagfar ( Touba) and keep yourself in Zikr. Remember Allah Sunbhano Talah, accepts dua or travellers.
And offcourse, take a lot of patiance with you. Have a safe Hajj 2013. May Allah give you success here and hereafter. Amin.
To our all Prestigious Hujjaj-e-Ekaram performing Hajj this year:
Below is the estimated Itinerary of your Hajj 2013. These dates may vary and depends on moon sighting in Saudi Arabia for hajj this year as well Saudi Arbia hajj policy this year. Also departure and return dates are different for each group as we have more than one group travelling on different dates.
Oct 4) Leaving from USA to Medina
Oct 5) Arriving in Medinah Airport, transferring to Hotel Al-Khozama a 5 star hotel near to Haram.
Oct 9 ) Leaving from Medinah to Makkah. Ehram should be put on at the site of Meqat just after leaving Madinah. Pray 2 Rakah Nafil in this Masjid for intention of Umrah. Start Talbiyah (labaik Allahuma…)
Oct 10) leave for Mina tents on 8th Zil-Hujj by busses.
15 Oct) Leave to Arafat and stay till Maghrib. Pray nafil and Quran and make Dua’s as much as you can because this is the prime day of Hajj. Don’t waste your day in worldly talk. Specially make Duas between Asar and Maghrib, standing and facing Qibla and raise your hands high as Rool-Allah ( peace be upon him did same). Make Duas for all Ummah as well.
15 Oct) after Maghrib leave for Muzdalifa
Spend a night in Muzdalifa in a open ground and collect stone for stoning the Jamrat (Shaitan)
16 Oct) leave from Muzdalifa to Mina
16 Oct) leave from Mina to Jamrat ( First day of stoning to Big Shaitan)
17 Oct) 2nd day of stoning to 1, 2, 3 shaitan ( second day old people and women can give their stones to their mehram for stone on their behalf)
18 Oct) 3rd Day of Jamrat ,stoning 1,2, 3, Shaitan, Return to Azizia buiding
19 Oct Transfer to Zam Zam hotel in front of Haram.
19 Oct to 25t Oct, stay in 5 star Zam Zam hotel , relax, buy souvenirs, do Umrah and Tawaf.
25/26 Oct Makkah to Jeddah Airport. ( People leaving early will follow their schedule)
Watch this useful video (link below) for Hajj learning in Urdu. May Allah make your hajj easy and Hajj-e-mabaroor, and complete it successfully and save us from hardship. Amin. JazakAllha khairun.
Management Labaik Tours.