Born in a good family, Muhammad married a woman named Khadija and became the manager of his caravans. Angel Gabriel instructed him about the oneness of Allah when he was meditating in a cave on Mount Hira.
- Medina is home to the three oldest mosques in which the Quba mosque, al-Masjid-Nabavi and Masjid al-Qibalan.
- The first mosque built in Muhammad’s time was the Quba mosque, which was destroyed by the lightning around 850 CE.
- Earlier the advent of Islam, the city was known as Yathrib and was changed Medina in honor of Muhammad’s prophethood and death there.
- During World War I, Medina saw the longest siege in history.
- Medina is located in the most fertile part of all the Hejaz territory.
- By 1920, 139 varieties of dates were being grown in the sector