Mecca is Holy city in Islamic Word for Muslims which is located in Saudi Arabia. It is the Birthplace of Prophet Muhammad who is the messenger of God. Mecca is located about 45 miles east of the Red Sea port of Jedda in the Rocky foothills of the Hijaz Mountains. In mecca only Muslims are allowed.
Born in a good family, Muhammad married a woman named Khadija and became the manager of his caravans. Angel Gabriel instructed him about the oneness of Allah when he was meditating in a cave on Mount Hira.
- Medina is home to the three oldest mosques in which the Quba mosque, al-Masjid-Nabavi and Masjid al-Qibalan.
- The first mosque built in Muhammad’s time was the Quba mosque, which was destroyed by the lightning around 850 CE.
- Earlier the advent of Islam, the city was known as Yathrib and was changed Medina in honor of Muhammad’s prophethood and death there.
- During World War I, Medina saw the longest siege in history.
- Medina is located in the most fertile part of all the Hejaz territory.
- By 1920, 139 varieties of dates were being grown in the sector